Studying abroad in the United States can be a life-changing experience that allows you to completely immerse yourself in a new culture, with new learning opportunities around every corner. While you could choose to study virtually anywhere, about 20% of those international students who choose to study abroad come to the USA. Why is the US so popular?
- Commitment to Excellence: One of the highest selling points of American education is perhaps its worldwide reputation of commitment to excellence. Only the best students around the world are admitted to the top schools in the US.
- Diverse Range of Institutions: No matter what type of college or university you are seeking, you will a school to match your preferred size, field of study, and setting.
- Academic Flexibility: The US education system offers flexibility in terms of the courses that are offered, which enables a student to select his/her choice of subject from a variety of topics. Students can specialize in the area of their choice without having to take any unnecessary classes. Also students have the flexibility to choose a class at any time during the academic year, since the some courses are offered multiple times during the academic year.
- Financial Support: Availability of financial aid is another major incentive for international students to opt for higher education in the US. Some USA universities and community colleges offer scholarships and grants to cover their daily expenses as well as tuition in some cases.
- Lucrative Job Opportunities: On completion of a degree, a student is legally authorized to work in the US in his/her related field for a year.
- Cultural Enhancement: Around 30 percent of all international students in the world study in the US. An international student will have the unique privilege to interact with many people of different nationalities. This exposure will not only enhance the cultural and artistic faculties, but will also help students develop a more global view of their world.
- Campus Life: Academic work is only part of your college experience. US institutions offer a wide range of social, cultural, and sporting activities to match your interests.
By studying in the US, you will have the opportunity to immerse yourself in a new environment, develop self-confidence and cross-cultural awareness, and build a global network of friends.